In honor of our Portland snow day, where two inches of snow equals a February Blizzard, 10 Beautiful Things:
1. Snowy Sunsets – Blue, pink, white. A layered sky.
2. Big, puffy snowflakes – Usually Willamette Valley snowflakes are teeny tiny and melt on contact. Today, at least for a few minutes, they were big, puffy, powdery and did not melt.
3. Snow boots – For walking on a slushy sidewalk.
4. double socks – Two pairs of socks provide better insulation and toasty toes.
5. double pants – Two pairs of pants provide better insulation and a warm seat.
6. double shirts – Two shirts (and a cozy sweater) protect me from hypothermia in 38 degree weather.
7. “bad” chick flicks – A good way to spend a lazy afternoon. The entire experience made me grateful to be ME and not a sad girl in a chick flick.
8. Betty White – Because she is Betty White. Iconic.
9. leftovers – I don’t have to cook. I let my microwave do all the work.
10. stocking cap with ear flaps – Cold ears hurt and now they don’t have to.
Happy Snow Day Everyone!