1. I never thought I would meet and speak with someone who personally knew and worked beside Martin Luther King, Jr. Today I did and I will always be grateful.
2. I have been blessed by a lineage of storytellers on all sides of my family. I hold these stories close and will repeat them to my nephews, nieces, and (one day) to my children. In this way we remain rooted.
3. I am encouraged by the work happening in my community to support, uplift, and heal Native American people through spiritual groundedness. I hope to be a part of that work.
4. I love God. I love talking about God. I love talking to God. I love experiencing the Sacred in small ways throughout my day.
5. At 9am this morning professional carpet cleaners gave our floors a deep cleaning. You wouldn’t even know three cats live here.
6. Today I watched two movies made in the 1980s. I’m not sure if I should list the 80s or movies on this list, but it took me back to the days of big bangs, mullets, neon flower-print dresses, and bad perms. Love it!
7. I woke up early this morning and remembered how much I love quiet mornings with a cup of tea, a fried egg, and a few slices of bacon.
8. For lunch I ate gluten free crackers smeared in soft fresh brie. I love brie. Cold, hot, plain, with fruit, sweet, or savory. Doesn’t matter. If it includes brie I will eat it.
9. This season of Survivor finally has some people with sense. Russell was voted out! Finally, someone is onto his schemes. Yeah! Now, I just hope he kicks ass on Redemption Island and gets to jump back into the game because he is the kind of villain I love.
10. There are times in life when doors of opportunity begin to open. I am in one of those times. New people are entering my life and bringing with them wisdom, kindness, honesty, compassion, understanding, and love.