Today I wrote a paper, watched “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” for the first time, made rice noodles with ground turkey for dinner and ate a few gluten-free oreos for dessert. A good day, filled with abundance. Ten Beautiful Things in My Life:
1. Oreo filling – I don’t know what they put in that stuff, but it is so good!
2. Headache Soother – I discovered this healing balm during my last trip to the grocery store. A blend of peppermint and lavender essential oils in a beeswax and olive oil base. I massage it into my temples and begin to relax as it eases tension.
3. Intuition – Learning to trust it has been and continues to be a great journey, but when I listen to this inner wisdom and follow where it leads, life is richer.
4. Adoption – I would not be who I am in this world without this experience.
5. My Upbringing – I had a wonderful childhood filled with love, joy, and connection. My parents, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents all helped to shape the woman I am today. I love you.
6. My sister – You did not have to claim me as your own, but you did. I love you and I am so grateful.
7. Spiritual Direction – This precious time allows me to hear my own wisdom in a clear way through the presence of the Sacred and the listening heart of another.
8. Agave syrup – sweetener that is easier on my body than sugar and honey and doesn’t contain the nasty chemicals found in artificial sweeteners. It tastes good in tea and coffee and is great for sauces, syrup, and baked goods. (Too bad it’s not in oreos).
9. Cat shaped dish – This dish was given to me by my dear friend and former coworker, Lori. I love this dish. It rests on my desk and holds a pile of paperclips. As every student knows, paperclips are a necessity.
10. Paperclips – They are a necessity.