Yesterday’s hope for a snowy morning manifested in a full day of white flakes. My recipe for a restful snow day:
1. Bundle up very warm and walk to the grocery store being careful not to slide down the hill while shaking snowflakes from your hair just because it is fun.
2. Return home and prepare special Snow Day breakfast. Gluten free toaster waffles smothered in Nutella and topped with banana chips, fresh blackberries, slivered almonds, and coconut flakes. Pair with sausage links, and a few kumquats. Serve with pumpkin spiced coffee.
3. Watch “Elf” and laugh wildly even though you have seen the movie a dozen times.
4. Watch “The Holiday” and look out the window often, allowing yourself to be mesmerized by the snow.
5. Put fresh sugar water in the hummingbird feeder and watch the little buggers fight over who gets to drink first.
6. Go to lunch with some of your favorite people. Order GF turkey sandwich with Swiss cheese and cranberries. Drink Cranberry Orange tea.
7. Take photos of the snow. Take your time and be sure to touch snow, stomp snow, taste snow, and shake snow. Love the snow.
8. Read Dan Brown’s Inferno while also doing laundry.
9. Cook and eat dinner (pork chops, roasted brussel sprouts with garlic aioli, and Pecorino roasted potatoes) while drinking a GF beer and trying to keep the cat off your lap while you eat.
10. Write a blog post outlining your day and be sure to let your readers know that you didn’t feel any guilt about taking this day to relax, rest, and enjoy your life.